Basically, air to air heat pump run under the same principle the AC unit does, the only distinction, and a decisive one is that the previous functions vice versa in comparison to the latter. The air source pump draws out the warmth from the outdoor masses of air, as well as transfers it to the indoor unit compressor of the pump. This procedure is entirely based on the principle of heat transfer, which is sustained by the pump’s cooling agent property to decrease the temperature of the air that is passed through the device. Therefore, the thermal worth of the internal air is below the surrounding temperature degree, which guides the air heat’s thermal isolation.
The outcome of the subsequent compression is a rapid increase in the coolant, or refrigerant, temperature level, thereby developing perfect conditions for transferring the produced heat to the space. An intermittent rep of the process is executed, which guarantees that the warmth coming from the outside air is moved to the space that needs heating, hence, providing a cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to warm up your home.
Advantages of an Air-to-Air Heat Pump
- Air-to-air heat pumps are global in regards to offering heating during the cold season, as well as air cooling during the warm days of the summer season.
- Reduced installment expenses. There is no need to pierce boreholes or utilize pricey tools in order to mount an air-to-air heat pump.
- These pumps have a substantial warmth transfer capability.
- There is no demand to mount complex warmth distribution systems, like underfloor or radiator heating.
- The ease of utilization is made sure by autonomous climate manage thermostats, that immediately check the pump’s working parameters.
- The pump’s general expenses, operational and setup prices, shall not exceed the degrees an individual with a typical income would fit with.
- Air-to-air heat pumps are highly reliable, with their seasonal performance rating reaching 3.0 to 4.0, meaning that for every 1 kW of power 3-4 kW of warmth is generated.
- The pump’s background noise is trivial, as well as therefore, does not stand for an inconvenience variable for people who will find themselves in the same area as the pump’s indoor device.
- Air-to-air heat pumps have no influence on the area’s indoor environment.
- Home heating your property through an air resource heat pump is environmentally friendly. The heat pump does not release any kind of unsafe gases or parts into the environment.
- Any kind of air source heat pump is great for retrofits.
Downsides of an Air-to-Air Heat Pump
Despite the checklist of advantages, air-to-air heat pumps birth a variety of downsides also:
- The air-to-air heat pump efficiency depends on the outdoor air temperatures.
- When the ambient temperature levels are reduced to -10 degrees Celsius, as well as below, the pump’s electric power usage rate rises, in order to make certain the optimum procedure of the heat pump.
- As a result of the continuous movement of air from one tool to another, the pump additionally relocates the dust consisted of airborne.