Whether you are moving long distances to kickstart a new life or just moving to a better apartment nearby, moving can get stressful. Forgetting something back home, damaged items and endless dog barking are some of the most common stressful things when getting to your new location.
That’s why we put together a moving to do list. To make things easier to understand we will consider Robert, who is moving to Denver Co. Our moving to-do list consists of a 4 week ahead planning and is by far the most convenient way to get Rober smoothly moving to Denver Co.
4 Weeks Before Moving
Robert has a busy life, his children are now no logger toddlers and he cannot get going with his mid-size sedan. The first step on the to-do list is to make an inventory of everything to be shipped. A Pen and paper will do just fine but you can get around with apps like Encircle available for both Android and iOS.
Robert decides to give away the toddler trolleys as well as their clothes to the local community. He also starts a garage sale to sell all equipment he won’t need at his new flat. This saves Robert a lot into his shipping cost and he also takes a small profit on his old inventory. From here looking for all the necessary supplies to pack everything else begins. Boxes, wrapping tape, clean film and bubble wrap are some of the basics to pack everything he will need to smoothly move to Denver Co.
Picking a Denver moving company is also a smart choice for Robert as he doesn’t find it worth spending his time packing the items. A professional Denver moving company will also supply his packing materials. In the mean time Robert decides to change his shipping address so all new bills come to his new location.
Here is a wrap-up list:
- Create an inventory of all items you want to ship to your new location
- Donate or get rid of all unnecessary items
- Run a garage sale
- Gather packing material or hire a Denver moving company to supply materials for you
2 Weeks Before Moving
After two weeks of posting items on Facebook marketplace and getting rid of his unsecary items Robert decides to start packing. The Denver moving company he hired starts packing all items Robert rarely used together with a special wrapping for rugs and draperies. He get’s a verified appraisal of his antique piano to ensure maximum cashback if something goes wrong.
He also tells his boss about the move and requests for a day off on the day of move. He also makes sure everything is fine on his new location as he wants to avoid fines or additional charges by his Denver moving company. He ensures elevator of his new location works together with a parking spot booked for that specific day.
Here is a recap of all his to-do list:
- Start packing rarely used items
- Obtain a verified appraisal for antique and expensive goods
- Arrange a day-off at work the day of move
- Ensure parking and unloading details to avoid extra charges
1 Week Before The Move
One week before the move Roberts decides to pack the rest of his belongings. Moving to Denver co has been smooth so far and Robert spents the final week at a local AirBnb. Denver moving company begins packing all of Rober’s belonging and ensure all boxes are tapped, labeled and ready to load.
Robert arranges a deep cleaning with a local provider to avoid any unpleasant hold of his security deposit to the old landlord. He also makes sure to let the Denver moving company know to label his most essential items so they are unpacked first when moving to Denver co.
Lastly, Robert makes sure to cut all of the incoming bills to this location and have his water and electricity bill sent over to his new location, under his name.
Here is a recap of all his to-do list 1 week before moving to Denver Co:
- Pack everything while making sure it’s labeled and safely tapped
- Get a local Airbnb for your final week of stay
- Arrange a deep cleaning of your old house
- Label the most the most essential items with a special tape or mark them down
- Cut electricity, water and internet of your old location
The Day Of Move
Robert has everything set and running smoothly for his moving to Denver co. With parking allocated and a day off to spend on his new location the unloading starts. The Denver moving company starts to unload the most essential boxes Robert asked for.
He can now setup his living room and has plenty more time throughout the week to arrange the rest of the items.
Here is his to-do moving list:
- Determine which boxes unload first
- Each box goes to it’s specific room in the new location
- Direct movers on where to place the furniture sets
- Get a fresh set of linens to your bed
Other Checklist Before & During The Move
- Ensure Water is off at your previous location
- Ensure electricity is off at your previous location
- Ensure all windows and doors are locked at your previous location
- Check for any item that you might have left behind
- Pack a box of snacks and cleaning supplies during the move
- Pack a suitcase with new clothes for after the moving day