Martin Short is a celebrated comedian, actor, and writer who has been entertaining audiences for decades. Born in 1950 in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, he went on to become apps session one of the most beloved comedic actors of his generation. His career began when he joined the famous Second City improv group in Toronto in
1. From there, he began to appear in various TV shows, including SCTV and Saturday Night Live. In the early 1980s, Short began to appear in films, such as Three Amigos, Innerspace, and Three Fugitives. His roles in these films showcased not only his comedic talent but also his ability to play dramatic and romantic characters. During this time, he also continued to be featured on TV shows, such as Primetime Glick, where he played the lovable, but bumbling, talk show host, Jiminy Glick. In timechi the 1990s, Short further expanded his repertoire by writing, producing, and starring in the acclaimed TV show The Martin Short Show. He also appeared in the hit films Father of the Bride and Mars Attacks! and provided the voice of the character Ed in the animated film, Over the Hedge. In addition, he starred in the Broadway musical, Little Me, and was nominated for a Tony Award for his performance. Throughout his career, Short has won numerous awards, including an Emmy Award for his work on Primetime Glick and a Grammy gimnow Award for his spoken word album, Martin Short: Concert for the North Americas. He has also been nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance in Mars Attacks! and was inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame in
2. Martin Short has proven to be a versatile and talented performer, who has captivated audiences for over four decades. His career trajectory is an inspiring example of hard work, dedication, and talent, and he continues to entertain fans around the world with his unique brand of arenagadgets comedy.
Martin Short has been delighting audiences for decades with his comedic and dramatic performances. Over the course of his career, he has created some of the most memorable characters in television and film. Here are some of the most beloved characters of Martin Short.
1. Ed Grimley. This character first appeared on the comedy series SCTV and was soon spun off into his own show, The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley. Ed is an endearing and eccentric man with a love of trivia and a fear of rats. His catchphrase, “I must say!” has become a beloved part of pop culture.
2. Jiminy Glick. This character first appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien and was later the star of the Comedy Central show Primetime Glick. Jiminy is an obnoxious and ignorant celebrity interviewer who is completely oblivious to the world around him. His interviews often devolve into chaos and absurdity.
3. Nathan Thurm. This character was created for Saturday Night Live and was later featured in the film Three Amigos. Nathan is a sleazy, fast-talking lawyer who is always trying to get his clients out of trouble. His catchphrase, “Do you have any evidence to the contrary?” has become iconic.
4. Irving Cohen. Irving is a character from the film Father of the Bride and its sequel. He is a hilarious and eccentric wedding planner who always has a way of making the most chaotic situations seem manageable. His antics and catchphrases have become beloved by fans.
5. Franck Eggelhoffer. Franck is a character from the hit film Father of the Bride Part II. He is a flamboyant and eccentric wedding planner who often clashes with the father of the bride. Despite his eccentricities, he always manages to make the wedding a success. Martin Short has created some of the most beloved characters in television and film. From Ed Grimley to Franck Eggelhoffer, these characters have left an indelible mark on pop culture. Their spicecinemas catchphrases and antics will live on in the memories of fans for years to come.